Kinesis Maxlight Phase MTB Frame Medium
The evolution of a UK designed trail ripping hardtail, ready for your weekend epics and carving down your local trails.
- 27+ up to 3.0 tyre or 27"
- 27.5” = 140mm fork
- 27.5”plus = 120mm fork.
- BOOST Rear Hub Spacing 148mm
- Chainstay Yoke for Clearance 1x drivetrain
- Kinesium tubing with SPF forming technology
- Internal cable routing
- 67 degree head angle for that long low and slack handling
- BB 92mm press fit [Shimano] BB
- Headset: Integrated, 41.8ø upper, 51.8ø lower, for taper head tube. Recommended: FSA No.42/ACB
- Multiple wheel size compatible
- Seat Post: 31.6mm
- KINESIUM: Developed by Kinesis International, Kinesium is a superb tubing for use in lightweight, high performance frames. Kinesium is enhanced 6000 series Aluminium alloy, which is 25% stronger than 6061 at the same weight level. Kinesium’s properties make it an ideal material for a very light, tough, responsive frame at an affordable price. Superior properties over other alloys, allow for a much thinner wall dimension, thereby dramatically reducing overall frame weight without compromising strength.
- Both bearings are ‘ACB’, meaning ‘Angular Contact Bearings’. The head-tube seat angle is 45º.The headset drops into a tapered seat in the head tube and is tensioned using a headset tensioner within the fork steerer. Tensioning the headset centers it on the taper and prevents any play.
- SPF: The Phase uses Kinesis developed ‘SuperPlastic Formed’ tubing technology for it’s top tube, down tube and specially developed chainstay/seatstay bridges. SPF is similar to ‘Hydroforming’, but uses far higher temps. to produce complicated shapes in thinner wall tubing than was possible with Hydroforming. The result is lighter weight tubing that can be formed to make the frame perform exactly as we require.